Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD’s Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The Services provided by The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that in our judgment violates this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice. Failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within the specified time period in our email to you may result in the suspension or termination of the Services.
You are responsible for the activities of your agents, representatives, and end-users ("Users") and will they abide by this AUP. The Services shall be used solely for legitimate business and commercial purposes, and you shall not use the Services for activities which, in The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD's sole discretion, may be illegal, offensive, abusive, or in a manner that interferes with or adversely affects the Services or use of the Services (including deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks) or that would expose The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD to criminal or civil liability.
Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights.
Use of the Services to infringe upon another party’s intellectual property rights is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized copying or distribution of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, or any other copyrighted work. Selling or offering to sell any counterfeit merchandise will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this prohibition will be suspended or terminated.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed upon, please email firstname.lastname@example.org For copyright infringement claims, The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD follows the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") notice and takedown procedures.
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device.
You may not use a shared hosting account as a backup/storage device with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not take backups of your backups.
Zero Tolerance Adult Content Policy
The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD has a zero tolerance policy in effect for adult content. We do not allow any content considered "adult material" on our servers. This includes any type of media that may contain nudity, partial nudity, or anything else of adult nature determined in The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD’s sole discretion. Violators of this policy will be immediately terminated without a refund. Additional prohibited content is outlined below:
We reserve the right to modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The customer is responsible for all use of Services by itself, its employees, agents, contractors, invitees and clients, whether such use is with or without the consent of Customer.
All customers and users agree to use any and all hosting services only for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws. Specific activities that are prohibited include, but are not limited to:
Unacceptable material on our servers include without limitation:
- Any website related to Cannabis, CBD is strictly forbidden.
- IRC Scripts/Bots
- IRCD (irc servers)
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
- Escrow/Bank Debentures
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery/Gambling Sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- Mailer Pro
- Push button mail scripts
- Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
- Tell A Friend Scripts
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways
- Bitcoin Miners
- PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate progams, etc)
- Hacking, phishing, spamming, scamming, identity theft, fraud, forgery, deception, virus or malware distribution, network attacks, and interference with any other user’s use of the Services.
- The unauthorized access, monitoring, collection, or use of data, systems or networks.
- Transmitting, distributing or storing illegal or fraudulent information or material or information or material that will infringe or otherwise violate any privacy, intellectual property, publicity or other personal rights including, any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right.
- Engaging in offensive activities such as harassment or transmitting or distributing content that is inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, threatening, abusive, that advocates violence, or that violates a law, regulation, or public policy.
- Real, simulated, or animated violence against any living being;
- Glorifying of or encouraging violence against any living being;
- Threatening harm to persons, animals, or property;
- Threatening sexual, financial, or emotional harm to any person;
- Promotion of, glorifying, or threatening terrorism or violent extremism;
- Suggesting, glorifying, encouraging, or promoting suicide or self-harm, including self-mutilation and eating disorders;
- Non-medical usage of images containing gore, death, or dismemberment;
- Any media depicting real, simulated, or animated sexual violence, assault, or exploitation;
- Promotion or glorification of mass or serial murder or genocide;
- Celebrating or glorifying the suffering or humiliation of other people, groups, or living beings;
- Content that expresses support, praises, celebrates, or condones groups, leaders, or individuals involved in terrorist activity, organised hate, mass or serial murder or genocide, human trafficking, organised violence or criminal activity, or violence against any living being;
- Any activity to facilitate or coordinate future criminal, violent, threatening, abusive, or harassing activity that is intended or likely to cause harm to people, property, businesses, or animals;
- Asking or offering a financial incentive or reward in exchange for inflicting violence against a specific person or group of people;
- Engagement in or promotion or glorification of violence against any living being to advance political, religious, or social causes;
- Credible threats of imminent violence;
- Harassment, bullying, or intimidation of any person or group or inciting others to do so;
- Using aggressive insults with the purpose of harassing or intimidating others;
- Expressing a wish or hope that a person or group experiences physical harm, death, or serious disease;
- Behavior intended to harass, abuse, or threaten any person or group;
- Hateful conduct, including conduct that promotes violence against, threatens, or harasses any person based on race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, serious disease, handicap, genetic makeup, victim status, or immigration status;
- Hateful imagery-logos, symbols, or images whose purpose is to promote hostility and malice against others based on their status. Examples include symbols historically associated with hate groups (Nazi imagery, the swastika), images depicting others as less than human or altered to include hateful symbols, images altered to include hateful symbols or references to a mass murder that target a protected category (e.g., manipulating images of individuals to include the yellow Star of David badges used during the Holocaust or manipulating an image to show someone being lynched);
- Content that is meant to degrade or shame any person or group;
- Violent or dehumanising speech, statements of inferiority, or calls for exclusion or segregation;
- Anything that incites fear or encourages real-world harm, including (but not limited to) physical, financial, and emotional injury;
- Anything that violates any law or regulation in Australia or any jurisdiction where the site is available. Using the service for any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities;
- Operating a lottery, gambling, or casinos;
- Offering goods or services made from endangered or protected species;
- Offering counterfeit, fraudulent, or stolen goods or services;
- Unlicensed sale of drugs, including prescriptions. Sale of any controlled substances without providing proof of appropriate permit(s) in advance, or promote, encourage, or engage in the sale or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription;
- Purchase, sale, gifting, exchange, transfer, or instructions on making of any weapons, parts of weapons, ammunition, or explosives;
- Human trafficking;
- Displaying, advertising, promoting, or glorifying commercial sexual services, including erotic massage, dating, prostitution or escort services;
- Promotes, encourages, engages in or glorifies real or simulated child pornography or exploitation;
- Selling, buying, or facilitating transactions in illegal goods or services, as well as certain types of regulated goods or services;
- Any activity that may be considered slanderous or libelous;
- Content wherein people depict criminal activity or admit to crimes they or their associates have committed;
- Any activity that promotes or could be considered an HYIP or Ponzi scheme, multi-level marketing, invasion of privacy, credit card fraud, or racketeering;
- Torrent trackers, torrent portals, or similar software;
- Using the services to transmit, distribute, or store material that may be harmful to or interfere with the services or any third party’s networks, systems, services, or websites, including but not limited to, viruses, worms, trojan horses, root kits, password crackers, adware, and key stroke capture programs;
- Uploading unacceptable material which includes: IRC bots, warez, image, file storage, mirror, or banner-ad services, topsites, streaming, Escrow, investment sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, etc.), bitcoin miners, AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, muds / rpg’s, hacking focused sites/archives/programs, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts;
- Using the services to engage in phishing activities or any activities that may interfere with the ability of others to access or use the service, network, or internet generally;
- Using the services to cause security breaches or disruptions of Internet communication and/or connectivity. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data, accounts or systems without authorisation or logging into a server or account that the customer is not expressly authorised to access and denial of service attacks. Disruptions include port scans, flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, IP spoofing, forged routing information;
- Using the services to allow any remote code execution of malicious software;
- Promotes, encourages, or engages in any spam or other unsolicited bulk email, or computer or network hacking or cracking;
- Using the services to publish or post other people’s private information (such as home phone number and address) without their express authorisation and permission (doxing);
- Threatening to expose private information or incentivising others to do so;
- Sharing intimate, nude, or partial nude photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their express written consent;
- Any activity that includes the unwanted sexual discussion of someone’s body or otherwise sexualises or exploits an individual without their consent;
- Using services for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in any public election. This includes posting or sharing content that may suppress voter turnout or mislead people about when, where, or how to vote;
- Using the services to impersonate individuals, groups, or organisations in a manner that may mislead, confuse, or deceive others;
- Content created or used with the intent to defraud or mislead others;
- Accounts which misrepresent their affiliation, or share content that falsely represents its affiliation, to a candidate, elected official, political party, electoral authority, or government entity;
- Violating others’ intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark;
- Facilitating, encouraging, or coordinating sexual encounters between adults;
- Facilitating, encouraging, or coordinating drug transactions;
- Distributing or making available content that was obtained through hacking that contains private information, may put people in physical harm or danger, or contains trade secrets;
- Encouraging, incentivising, or offering to help others to participate in any activities or content that violates this AUP;
- Anything else The Bush Telegraph.net, (TBTN PTY LTD), in its sole discretion, deems offensive, obscene, inappropriate, lewd, or abusive.
In addition, you and your Users must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations related to your use of the Services, specifically including data protection and privacy laws, as well as laws relating to unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
Child Pornography Prohibited.
Content that is potentially harmful to minors, as determined in The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD’s sole discretion, is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to, child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography. Any website found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
Free Web Hosting Not Allowed For Resellers.
The Bush Telegraph.net, (TBTN PTY LTD) Resellers are not allowed to provide "free web hosting" services to their customers.
Other Prohibited Content.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our Terms of Service or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Unacceptable Resource Usage
You may not:
Use twenty-five percent (25%) or more of our system resources for longer than ninety (90) seconds at a time. Activities that could cause this excessive use, include but are not limited to: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc.
Run cron entries with intervals of less than fifteen (15) minutes.
Run any MySQL queries longer than fifteen (15) seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
Include the local file rather than the URL when using PHP, include functions for including a local file. Instead of including "http://yourdomain.com/include.php"), use "include.php".
Force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml) to help reduce usage.
The use of more than two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) inodes on any shared or reseller account may result in a warning, and if no action is taken to reduce the excessive use of inodes, your account may be suspended. If an account exceeds one hundred thousand (100,000) inodes it will be automatically removed from our backup system to avoid over-usage, however, databases will still be backed up as a courtesy in our sole discretion. Every file (i.e. a webpage, image file, email, etc.) on your account uses up one (1) inode.
User accounts that constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, have hundreds of thousands of files, or cause file system damage may be flagged for review and/or suspension. The primary cause of excessive inodes is typically due to Users leaving their catchall address enabled, but never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages (or more) build up, eventually pushing the account past an acceptable amount of inodes. To disable your default mailbox, login to cPanel and choose "Mail", then "Default Address", "Set Default Address", and then type in: ":fail: No such user here".
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. "Safe lists," purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. We may terminate the account of any User who sends out spam with or without notice.
Websites advertised via spam (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any User account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply with our policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency that we deem necessary at our sole discretion.
The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a cleanup fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion.
Websites hosted on The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD’s servers in the U.S. are regulated by U.S. law. Accordingly, pursuant to Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD’s policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a webhost, The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD is not a publisher of User content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
The Bush Telegraph.net, (TBTN PTY LTD) Rights
The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD reserves the right at all times to investigate any actual, suspected, or alleged violations of this AUP. You shall reasonably cooperate with The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD in investigating and correcting any actual or alleged breach of this AUP by yourself of any User. The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD further reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and third parties in investigating any alleged violations of this AUP, including disclosing the identity of any User that The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD believes is responsible for such violation. The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD may implement technical mechanisms to prevent AUP violations.
Nothing in this AUP shall limit The Bush Telegraph.net, (TBTN PTY LTD) rights and remedies at law or in equity that may be available.
The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD is under no duty to monitor user’s activities, and The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD disclaims any responsibility for any User’s misuse of the Services. The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD has no responsibility for any User or other third-party material or information created, stored, maintained, transmitted or accessible on or through the Services, and is not obligated to monitor or exercise any editorial control over such material. In the event that The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD becomes aware that any such material violates this AUP and/or exposes The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD to civil or criminal liability,The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD may, but is not required to, block access to such material. Unless otherwise stated in this AUP, The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD disclaims any obligation to any person who has not entered into an agreement with The Bush Telegraph.net, TBTN PTY LTD for use of the Services.
Your Services may be terminated with or without notice upon any violation of this AUP. If applicable, violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
A failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within forty-eight (48) hours, or as otherwise specified in the email, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via trouble ticket/email and will receive a response within forty-eight (48) hours.
If you feel you have discovered a violation of our AUP please report it to email@example.com